Art & Design
View or download a copy of what we have been up to by clicking the links below.
May 2017 Subject overview
May 2017 Subject Leader Key Skills
May 2017 Children’s work and display
February 2016 Year 2 Art & Design Bubble ArtDisplay Art & Design Front Page
Art & Design
Children work with a variety of media and have opportunities for both two and three dimensional work. We encourage children to express their ideas in an original and sensitive manner and value all contributions equally.
Design and Technology
Children are encouraged to design, make and evaluate designs. Technology projects involve cookery, 2D work with card and paper, and 3D work with card, wood, clay, fabric and other materials.
We believe that children in Glebe Academy should get the best all areas of the curriculum. In Art and Design and Design Technology lessons we ensure:
- Our curriculum is creative, imaginative and inspiring.
- The children are engaged in creative and inspiring lessons and can see a purpose to tasks.
- There are opportunities for children to think critically and understand the impact their thinking has on the wider world.
- Children are motivated and have a critical understanding of how Art and Design and Design Technology impacts on daily life.
- Children are happy to take risks and work resourcefully.
- Children can evaluate the success of their outcomes and make adaptations for improvement.
|Information on different Artist.|
| Paul Cezanne 1839-1906
French Post-Impressionist Painter
Leonardo Da Vinci 1452-1519
Paul Klee 1879-1940
Lawrence Stephen Lowry 1887-1976
Vincent van Gogh